Frequently Asked Questions
What is Sea Moss?
Sea moss (Chondrus crispus) also known as Irish moss. Is an algae/seaweed grown in the Atlantic ocean in the Caribbean seas.
Moskn uses yellow/gold sea moss grown on the shores of Grenada.
What Vitamins does sea moss have?
Sea moss contains vitamin A, vitamin K, and omega-3 fatty acids.
Omega-3 fatty acids – You may be thinking that’s just for
consuming via food or supplements, but it is also amazing when applied
topically to skin.
What minerals does sea moss have?
Sea moss contains magnesium, calcium,potassium, zinc, and sulphur.
Is sea moss safe?
Yes, it is safe to use on skin, it is a natural ingredient.
If you have sensitive skin we recommenced you do a patch test before using products.
Is sea moss vegan?
Can I use it everywhere?
Yes, products can be used on face and body.
Authentic Caribbean Sea Moss
Sea moss commonly known as Irish sea moss, is scientifically known as Chondrus crispus and is grown in the Atlantic ocean. Moskn uses wildcrafted sea moss sourced from the Caribbean island of Grenada.
Authentic sea moss emanates a crisp ocean fragrance, reflective of its natural environment.
Algae and Seaweed
For countless years, algae and seaweed have been harnessed for their medicinal properties, promoting health, aiding in healing, enhancing skincare, and serving as culinary ingredients.
You may even find that some of your skincare products contain seaweed such as kelp which also have amazing qualities. However, sea moss has that extra dose of ingredients making it a richer alternative for it incredible nutrient density.
Skin Health Benefits When Applied Topically
Lets get into the science.
Sea moss contains 92 out of the 102 essential minerals required for optimal bodily functions, making it a remarkable addition to your diet.
Specifically, for skincare, these minerals play a crucial role in preserving and strengthening the skin's barrier, enhancing hydration, and promoting a radiant complexion.
Let's delve into the impressive array of minerals and vitamins found in sea moss.
1. Rich in sulfur sea moss offers an efficient way to maintain balance in your skin's microbiome. Sulfur, with its keratolytic nature, effectively exfoliates by breaking down the outer skin layer.
2. Vitamin K contributes to skin health by reducing the appearance of dark circles, and supporting overall skin elasticity.
3. Vitamin C is renowned for its skin benefits, as it helps brighten the complexion, promotes collagen production for firmness, and provides potent antioxidant protection against environmental damage, contributing to a healthier and more youthful-looking skin.
4. Calcium plays a crucial role in skin health, supports skin health by aiding cell turnover, maintaining elasticity, and contributing to hydration for a vibrant complexion.
5. Magnesium supports skin by regulating cellular processes, promoting collagen production.
Non-comedogenic - Meaning won't clog or block the pores on your skin. Good for acne prone or combination skin.
Antibacterial qualities - Can help keep pores clean and clear.